About Me

My photo
college girl at sfsu constantly feeding her obsession day by day. you only live once! ;)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

mac penultimate eyeliner

Photobucket


alrighty so this is the semi new penultimate eyeliner by mac from the chill collection. its pretty much like a liquid eyeliner, except the applicator is a felt tip. I've used other felt tip liquid eyeliners and i haaated it. I went to the mac store a couple weeks ago and I was just getting primer. The girl working was talking about how good this eyeliner was. and i was stuck with some shitty ass felt tip eyeliner so she pretty much caught my attention. She showed me the eyeliner and i was pretttty impressed. So i thought about it for a while and i waited until i got my macy's giftcards ($10 each) from my rewards points (wells fargo). The eyeliner is 16.50. But i used my giftcard so it ended up coming out to like 7 bucks. I didnt want to spend hella money on something i wasnt sure was gonna work.

ALRIGHT.
PROS:
The good thing about this eyeliner is that it DOESNT SMUDGE. of course you have to let it dry for a couple seconds. but once its dry, it never smudges. I put this stuff on in the morning for work and it lasts all day till the time i take off my makeup.

The fluid is superduper black. just what you want from an eyeliner.

The fact that the eyeliner is almost exactly like a felt tip pen, it makes it soooo much easier to apply. With this eyeliner, you can apply even AFTER you applied your mascara. the fluid doesnt get anywhere, its completely clean.

The tip on the pen is soooo tapered, that you can get those super thin lines you want, instead of ending up with a thick line with those regular liquid eyeliners.


CONS:

so, the first couple uses are insanely surprising. I thought this thing would never run out of ... eyeliner fluid? (but wait - i still like it) After a week or so, the very tip of the eyeliner started to lose a little fluid, but to this day, i can still use it on its side (which i believe is the correct way to use it) and i can get a loooot of dark fluid. This eyeliner is so black its crazy. Id really love the tip to still work as well as the first day i used it, but i can live without it.

so basically, this isnt much of a CON. im just trying to state that the tip of the pen (the most usable part) starts to lose some ink, so just fyi! ;)


TIPS:

okay so if you use a primer for your eyeshadows, I noticed that this eyeliner works best with a creamy primer, rather than a powdery primer (like the prep+prime from mac). At first i actually thought the ink was really running low pretty quick, but when i switched my primer to paintpot painterly, I saw that the eyeliner worked sooo much better.

so yeah - stick to creamy primers when using the eyeliner. and if you dont use a primer, thats fine too ;)


so overall, i love the eyeliner. Its very convenient and its long lasting. But its all about preference. so try it out! I would definitely love the eyeliner if they made different colors. That would be VERY good to have.

I also saw someone use ben nye cake eyeliner. It looked good so i might get some of that too.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment